A late 18th Century Statuary and Sicilian Jasper Chimney-piece by John Francis Moore, from Stackpole Court, Pembrokshire.

This Chimney-piece can be identified as having been carved by Moore in circa 1770 because he used an identical relief within the side panels of a Chimney-piece for Marlborough House. The Chimney-piece was in poor condition, and required a complete reconstruction and repairing. The Sicilian Jasper used in contrast to the Statuary marble was commonly used by one of Moore's competitors, Sir Henry Cheere, to whom this Chimney-piece was formally attributed. Courtesy of James Graham Stewart.